Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Social Media Works - There is Method to the madness!


Well I am simply amazed on how social media works in getting your voice heard! My last post about the mad methods of a radio station in choosing winners of a contest has seen a lot of activity.



Yesterday I got a call from a friend who works with the same radio station saying that my blog post had created a big uproar internally and it’s causing a lot of trouble to a lot of people.

So he asked me to remove the post in good faith! I told him that I would think about it and do what I feel is right! I was in all mood to republish the post as is! But then since he was nice enough to call me and request me, I thought I will remove the brand name and the concerned person’s name from the post and publish it anyways.

It was amazing on how a simple blog post created havoc in a Brand’s daily life! The post on my blog got published to my Facebook account and someone read it and sent to the producer of the show from the Radio Station that triggered this whole situation.

I am happy, someone out there cares. Unlike some other brands that I have been battling with (Read the story about Travelocity here). I have given feedback to the producer who has personally responded to my feedback. I know this could mean that my number and name could be blocked from further contests etc. but I really don’t care, as long as it does some good.

Post a Comment

Blog Adda

Visits

Image Header Courtesy: Mitesh Bhuvad

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP