Monday, December 28, 2009

Red FM Bajate Raho! Kiski Baji?


Was driving home from work today and was listening to the radio. The evening show RED FM was on. Like everyone, they too are having this New Year and Christmas contest where they are giving out shopping vouchers.







RJ Mantra and his side kick Cookie were hosting the show and Cookie had hidden some gift vouchers. The simple question was to guess where the vouchers were hidden basis the hints and you could win a voucher for yourself.


Since I was waiting at the signal, I whipped out my cell phone and sent them a message. In the next 5 minutes I got a call from someone from RED FM, and the following conversation took place


SJ: Hello?
RFM: Hey is that Sahil?
SJ: Yes it is!
RFM: Sahil, I am calling from the Radio Station, you just sent us a message about the question we asked on air right?
SJ: Yes I did!
RFM: Can I ask you where you work?
SJ: At a TV Channel
RFM: A TV Channel? Really? Which one?
SJ: NDTV Imagine!
RFM: Wow! Cool! Also, have you won anything on radio?
SJ: Yes, my wife won a cellphone a couple of months back?
RFM:  Arre Wah! When was this?
SJ: I don’t remember, I was some time back!
RFM: Ok Sahil, your number has been shortlisted! Will call you if your number makes it to the next round! And when I call back the next time, sound excited!
SJ: Sure man!
----
Beep Beep Beep


Then I was waiting and waiting and waiting! No word from the Radio Station!


What kind of twisted person calls you and tell you that you have been shortlisted? You call me if I have won! Don’t call me if I haven’t! It’s so stupid to do something like it. And what’s the deal with telling me to sound excited!? Give me the voucher and see how excited I would be!


Pure dumb!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Adda

Visits

Image Header Courtesy: Mitesh Bhuvad

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP