Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Objects of (my) desire on 2 wheels


The Royal Enfield Classic 500 EFI


Royal Enfield is one brand that entices every India biker. This bike is every biker's dream! I also wanted to get one, when i got my first bike when i was 21, but had to settle for the 150cc Hero Honda CBZ, my dad did not allow me to get a 350cc Monster then the Royal Enfield Electra which was available for a difference of only Rs. 7,000.


What attracts to this bike are the looks. Purely. Obviously there have been developments on the engine and technology fronts as the 500 has got the Electronic Fuel Injection technology from Japan. The bike seems to be a tweaked version of the models developed in the 50's - the up-swept exhaust, the saddle seat, the styling of the tank et cetra.


 

Specifications of Bullet Classic 500 EFi:

Engine: Single Cylinder, 4 stroke, air cooled OHV
Capacity: 499cc
Fuel system: Electronic Fuel Injection
Ignition: Digital Electronic ignition
Starting: Electric start
Maximum power: 20.3KW (27.2bhp) @ 5250rpm
Maximum Torque: 41.3Nm @ 4000rpm
Gear box: constant mesh 5 speed
Brakes (front): disc brake single 280mm disc with 2 piston caliper
Brakes (rear): drum brake (152mm)
Tyre (front): 90×90-18” Tyre (rear): 110×80-18”
Fuel tank capacity: 14.5liters
Weight: 187kgs



The dream still lingers on for me, I know of my friends who have made me jealous by booking it, owning it and flaunting it.


I hope to get mine soon!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Adda

Visits

Image Header Courtesy: Mitesh Bhuvad

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP