Monday, January 4, 2010

Travelocity India - The Travel less preferred (Part 2)

The Travelocity battle continues (Part 1 here). It's been 20 odd days now since the battle began. The customer care refuses to accept their mistake. After some 8-10 mails exchanged between them and me & some 20 odd mails exchanged between them and my wife, we are back to square one!





As a last resort, I took the help of Social Networking. In an hope to be heard I scouted Facbook, Twitter & LinkedIn for some contact or a person higher up in the hierarchy. LinkedIn worked, I got in touch with the Head of Marketing for Travelocity India and sent him a message on 28th Dec, asking for help.


On 29th Dec 09, I got a reply from him asking me what the problem was and if I could share the details with him. The task of reciting my story all over again began with an email to Mr. Head of Marketing. As funny as it may seem, there was no response from him on this issue.


Then, on 2nd Jan 2010, I got a call from Mr. Amit from Travelocity telling me that that call is in regard to the call back I had requested. So I plainly asked him if he was aware of the issue and if he would help me resolve it. Well, he said yes he is fully aware and will help me out. He started rattling the same line (Sir, as you are aware, the terms and conditions clearly state that we have the right to cancel a ticket if 2 eVouchers are used) which I think has been repeated by their customer care department some 100 times now.


My reply was again the standard one, which I have repeated about 200 times (Please try and understand, it was a problem with your website and I DID NOT use 2 eVouchers!). Then ensued a conversation for 8 mins which as all about trying to convince me that it was my fault and Travelocity had all rights to cancel my ticket!


After battling Amit for 8 mins, he told me he would get his supervisor Mr. Avijit on the call who will be able to help me out better. So, then after a 4 min hold Mr. Avijit came on the line. After the exchange of pleasantries, I asked him if he was aware of the situation or would I have to repeat the story again? H said he was aware and would do all that it took to help me, but then he threw the same line at me the 101st time!


I was shocked! I told him the same story yet again! And also that I am really disgusted by the service Travelocity is offering and they have no right to call themselves 'Customer Care'. Then after another 5 mins of explaining to him the harassment that I underwent because of 2 wrong debits and the Rs. 1000/- they charged me for no fault of mine, I told him that if he cannot help me, then this conversation isn't heading anywhere!


He told me that he was sorry for the inconvenience and promised to get back to me by Monday (today, 04 Jan 2010) after getting in touch with his Senior Management and figuring a way out to resolve this issue.


But, Travelocity customer care are true to their word! They never get back and they never call back! I am still waiting in hope to hear from them!


I am irritated and frustrated with their attitude! This isn't customer care, it's more like customer harassment! I will also put the email conversation that we have been having with their customer care department! They seem to be a bunch of retarded people who neither know how to read English nor comprehend it!




Isn't there a way that I can send an invoice to them and charge them for the canceled ticket, 2 wrong debits & the mental harassment? I will wait for their call and this time I will record that conversation and put it up here for everyone to hear!

2 comments:

Saurabh Deshmukh January 5, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

Next time you speak with them or mail them, tell them that you are filing a complaint with the consumer court for fraud. That'll get their asses working.

Sahil Jatana January 5, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

Yeah dude! have Done that! They said that they will refund the money! Now i want to start with getting them to pay for the inconvenience!

Post a Comment

Blog Adda

Visits

Image Header Courtesy: Mitesh Bhuvad

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP